Inside: how to make a circle gift box in a few easy steps
We've agreed in the past that creating boxes is fun and not very complicated. However circle boxes are a different story at least at first glance. But even though circle boxes seem difficult to make once you know the secret it becomes really easy!
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM EXACTLY?
Making square and rectangle shape boxes is easy because all the angles are straight. While it's not hard to bend paper and create curves and circles it's a problem when you need to make a box with a top and the bottom. How do you attach a curved paper to the straight lid or bottom of the box?
The answer is simple and is basically the secret for creating all non straight angles in paper projects. You need to make small attaching tabs that move like a joint and can keep the paper bent while attaching it to other paper.
HOW TO MAKE A CIRCLE GIFT BOX
In a few way steps you'll master the technique for making circle gift box in any size.
1. Start with cutting three strips of double sided cardstock measuring 12" x 3".
2. Score each strip on the 1/2" line lengthwise and fold.
3. Cut one of the strips in half on the 6" line width wise. Attach one long strip to one short strip to form one long strip. Repeat with the other two pieces so you'll end up with two long strips. Make sure that the fold lines are in the same direction.
4. Cut two circles: one 5 1/2"in diameter and the other 5 3/8". The larger circle will form the lid and the smaller circle will form the bottom.
5. Cut the strip from the edge to fold line every 1/4" app.
6. Attach the little flaps to the circle one by one while following the edge of the circle. Repeat with other circle.
7. Now that your box is ready all you need to do is embellish it!
How easy was that?
Now you can change the size of the circle box by changing the width of the wall papers, which will make the box higher or shorter. You can also change the length on the wall papers, which will change the circumference of the box.
Love making boxes?
If you want to learn how to make different design boxes, holiday and gift boxes in all shapes and sizes then you must check the Best DIY Paper Box Ideas ebook.
In this book you'll find step by step tutorials, including video tutorials on how to make these boxes, tips and tricks and much more!
Sharing is caring - PIN IT!
Have fun creating!