Inside: how to make easy inchies and twinchies with your kids using leftover craft supplies
Some of my friends call me the queen of leftovers because I always try maximizing my materials and using them in a smart way. I keep all my paper scraps, leftover stickers or rub-ons and I never throw any ribbon no matter how short it is. I try to use all my materials to their last inch, and that is exactly what I did this time…INCHIES! This was a fun project! I took some leftover papers, ribbons and other embellishments and made a few magnet inchies and twinchies to put on my fridge.
WHY MAKE INCHIES AND TWINCHIES
- It's a great way to use your stash and leftover craft supplies
- This is a fast project you can make in less than an hour
- Inchies and Twinchies are a great project to do with kids
- It's an easy project that does not require special crafting skills
- Unlike some projects this is something you can actually use in your house
HOW TO MAKE THEM
Inchies and Twinchies are basically a mini craft project. You can use whatever materials you have in your stash to decorate and design them.
Here's how to do it:
- Cut any cardstock into 1" or 2" squares.
- Cover the squares with pattern papers.
- Add small embellishments, pieces of ribbon, cut out shapes, stickers, letters and anything your imagination comes up with!
- You can create a series of inchies and twinchies with the same themes or motifs.
- Attach little magnets to the back to make them into decorative magnets.
Since I had so much fun I decided to create a few "big brothers": TWINCHIES! When you make Twinchies the space is slightly bigger so you can even spell words with small stickers and add larger images.