Inside: how to make a folded Christmas tree card
Adding a Christmas tree to your Christmas card is a classic way to make handmade holiday cards and the best way to do that is to make a folded tree Christmas card.
HOW TO FOLD A PAPER TREE
There are many techniques and ways to make folded paper Christmas trees in a 2D and 3D looks. I'm going to show you how you can do it in just 5 minutes!
The idea is to use half a circle as the base shape to fold the tree.
HOW TO CUT A CIRCLE
In order to use half a circle you need to cut a full circle first.
You can cut a circle with:
- A circle cutting system
- Use calipers to draw a circle and then cut it
- Trace a plate or a large circle and cut it
Here are some circle cutting systems you can use
You need to remember:
- The largest the circle the largest the folded tree so you need to make sure the size of the tree matches the card.
- Use a double sided cardstock for the best look and colors.
- Use bone folder for crisp and accurate folds
HOW TO MAKE A FOLDED PAPER CHRISTMAS TREE CARD
- Cut a circle from double sided cardstock and then cut it in half
- Fold the half circle according to the video
- Attach the paper folded Christmas tree to the card
- Embellish the card and add a sentiment or title
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR AN AMAZING CARD
- Attach the tree to the card with foam tape to give it more dimension and depth
- Embellish the tree with rhinestones or pearls for extra bling
- Use two different color mats for the front of the card
- Make another smaller tree for the inside of the card
Don't miss the special deal for my blog visitors!
Surprise your family and friends with amazing handmade Christmas cards.
In the book you'll find:
- 48 different Christmas card designs
- Step by step video tutorial for each card
- Full written instructions
- Detailed supplies list with links to get them
- 52 page PDF download filled with colored photos
- Tips and tricks for making your cards look awesome
Sharing is caring! - PIN IT
Have fun creating!