Inside: how to make a DIY bulletin board in minutes!
How many times did you go grocery shopping and came back home with what you don't need? It happens to me every time that I go to the supermarket without a list! I have a terrible memory and it doesn't really help to see the products on the shelf and remember you need them, even though that's what I tell myself. Experience has taught me that a list is my friend not just in the grocery store, if I don't write things down I forget! So I write everything on post-it notes, pieces of papers and lately on my new DIY bulletin board that I made in minutes!
WHAT CAN YOU USE TO MAKE A BULLETIN BOARD
You can make a DIY bulletin board for home or the office from almost anything. You can recycle an old frame or make it from scratch.
Here are a few ideas:
- Frame out some painted white hardboard and chicken wire that has been painted black on a wooden frame. Use a variety of clips to attach memos and calendars to the finished product.
- Place some batting on a cork board and then wrap it with fabric. Attach ribbon in a diamond pattern and finally add rounded thumb tacks or decorative nails where any of the ribbon overlaps. This helps to hold any papers in place and it also makes the piece look pretty.
- Attach a wire mesh to the wall with brackets or hooks.
- Add twine to a burlap canvas and use clothepins to attach notes to it.
- Glue fabric to a cork bulletin board to customize it.
HOW TO MATCH A NOTICE BOARD TO THE ROOM
The great thing about making a DIY bulletin board is that you can customize it to any room or style. It all depends on the materials you use to make the pin board and match its style and colors to the room design.
You can put a bulletin board in any room that you need:
- Kids room: decorate it with a colorful fabric or paper and add animal, cars or princess stickers to match it to the gender and interests of the child. If you make it from scratch you can cut it in a fun shape and color the notice board in vivid colors.
- Bedroom: match the style to the design of the bedroom, so if your bedroom is in shabby chic style you can add lace and soft pastel colors to your DIY pin board.
- Office: make it in a modern, industrial or minimalistic style by using wire mesh, cork or ply wood. Color it with neautral colors and use office supplies like thumb tacks, clips and hooks.
- Living room: Make the bulletin board a design element in the room by layering a few frames next to each other and adding pretty embellishments and colors to match the decor.
MAKE A BULLETIN BOARD IN MINUTES
In order to make this project you'll need:
Small wood craft clothepins
Here's how to make it:
- Remove the back from a glass frame.
- Paint the frame with a color of your choice without painting the glass.
- Cut a piece of paper to match the size of the frame and attach it to the frame on the back side.
- Attach clothepins to the bottom side of the frame.
- Use an erase pens to write things on the glass and the clothepins to add notes.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BOARD
Customize your bulletin board to match the room with these ideas:
- Change the color of the frame or add a pattern to it.
- Use different patterns and color of papers for the background.
- Add embellishments to match your interests like sports, music or animals.
- Use a larger frame or attach a few frames together to make your board more artistic.
- Use othe shapes of frames like circles, ovals or hearts.
Make more craft projects in minutes:
Sharing is caring - PIN IT!
Have fun creating!