Inside: 40+ ideas to make your scrapbook pages look amazing every time
If you're a seasoned scrapbooker or a beginner you want to create beautiful and meaningful scrapbook pages and you're always looking for new ideas. We have some amazing ideas you need to try to make your scrapbook pages look incredible every time!
SCRAPBOOK PAGE TITLE IDEAS
A title is an important ingredient on a layout and can add a unique look to the entire page. A creative title will always boost up your page and add extra interest to it. I always try to come up with new ideas for titles. It's not just the content that matters it's also the shape and design of the title.
- Match the title design to the theme of your page
- Add dimension with materials like foam, chipboard or foam tape
- Combine letters with interesting shapes and handmade embellishments
- Embellish the letters
SCRAPBOOKING PHOTO IDEAS
The main part of a scrapbooking page is the photos. We usually use rectangle photos or square ones but changing the photo shape can not only add interest but can also help you tell the story. You cut your photos into a circle,a heart or even a rectangle or stripes.
- Cut the photos into a circle shape
- Combine oval shape with rectangle shapes photos
- Cut a photo in a flower shape
Playing with the size of the photos on the layout will also add interest and help the eyes move from photo to photo.
CREATE TEXTURE ON THE SCRAPBOOK PAGE
Creating texture on a scrapbook page adds dimension to the background and makes the page looks more sophisticated. You can create texture in all kinds of techniques like adding modeling paste or other mediums as well as layer mesh or lace paper.
Here are a few ideas for textured backgrounds:
- Make a textured background from leftover chipboard letters
- Layers of rolled paper
- Use modeling paste with a stencil
- Add lace on the page
FRAME THE PHOTOS ON A SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT
One of the ways to make your photo pop is to frame it. The most easy and well known method is to create a mat around the photo but I have a few more ideas to frame your photos.
- Use an embellishment like a window to frame the photo
- Frame the photo with chipboard
- Arrange embellishments around the photo
- Add a photo behind the photo
- Use elements on the paper itself as frames
MAKE SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUTS ON UNCONVENTIONAL "PAPERS"
An unconventional "paper" is any background other than a piece of scrapbook paper! You can create scrapbooking layouts on other materials which are not a 12x12 paper! Buy them from the store or make them yourself and get sounds of amazement every time.
ADD CUT IMAGES OM SCRAPBOOK PAGE
Instead of using the photo as a whole cut out the people's images out and use them on the layout.
WHY CUT A PHOTO?
- It creates an unexpected surprise on the page because people are used to seeing the entire photo and not just the person.
- You can remover noisy backgrounds or unwanted items on the background.
- If the image of a person is too small by cutting it out you make it more visible and it doesn't disappear into the background.
- It adds movement and interest to the page.
RULES OF CUTTING A PHOTO
- Make sure you cut out the image properly. You can't use a person's image on a layout if some of their organs are cut so if you can't cut the image fully don't cut it. However there are exceptions. If you need to cut off a foot or a hand then you can still use the photo as long as you find some way of hiding that. For example: the person can stand between flowers that will hide the missing foot or hold something in their hand that will hide the missing part.
- Consider the size. Sometimes the images are small or big and you need to match their size to the size of the elements on the page. You want it to look logical and proportionate. If you need you can always reprint the photo you want to use and change its size to match the page.
- Design the page. Once the image of the person is cut you want to incorporate it on the page without making the page look weird or bad. The way to add a cut image is to create a scene around the image.
Here are a few ways to include cut images on your scrapbook pages:
- Two girls sitting in the garden
- Flying on a kite
- Flower boy
- Little boy series
- Reading a book
- Flower garden
- Magic of creation
FUNNY SCRAPBOOK PAGE IDEAS
Funny scrapbook layouts are always a lot of fun to create and to watch. The funny part is usually the photos but you can use your sense of humor in the journaling and the title too.
INTERACTIVE SCRAPBOOKING PAGES IDEAS
The idea behind interactive elements is that there are moving parts on your page. Something on the page can be opened, turned or moved in any way. That adds interest, sophistication and fun to the page.
It works great on mini album pages but when you want to add it to a 12x12 layout you have a problem with the page protector. It's easily solved by very carefully cut the page protector and allow the moving part to be on the outside. For example if you have a flap gently pull it out through a slit and it will open and close on the outside of the page protector.
ADD JOURNALING TO A SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUT
Journaling is a key part of a scrapbook page but we usually add the journaling on a tag or a sticker. Journaling doesn't have to be boring and expected. Try these ideas to take your journaling to a new level.
EMBELLISHMENTS IDEAS FOR SCRAPBOOK LAYOUTS
Adding embellishments to a scrapbook page is a part of the creative process but aren't you tired of using the same embellishments over and over again? You are only limited by your imagination!
There are many great scrapbook ideas right? Which one is your favorite? I have to say I tried them all and my favorite are making interactive scrapbooking pages. We hope you enjoyed these useful ideas for how to make amazing scrapbook pages every time. If you have an idea that is not listed here, leave a comment and let me know what it is. I would love to hear it!
I'D LOVE TO KNOW WHICH WAS THE BEST IDEA! LEAVE ME A COMMENT
SAVE it or later - PIN IT!
Have fun creating!